South Coast Racquetball – Rally of the Day
Submitted November 17, 2017 at 04:32PM by HitWithIt
via reddit http://ift.tt/2irbBbz
St. Louis IRT Pro Racquetball Winter Rollout – Round of 16 broadcast
Submitted November 17, 2017 at 04:45PM by HitWithIt
via reddit http://ift.tt/2irbA7v
Racquetball Strategy Tips
Submitted November 16, 2017 at 12:17PM by Alex594
via reddit http://ift.tt/2hESvRW
IRT introduces new commercial for the sport
Submitted November 16, 2017 at 12:43PM by HitWithIt
via reddit http://ift.tt/2hESayE
International Racquetball Federation Signs Letter of Agreement With Sport Online Productions
Submitted November 15, 2017 at 11:20PM by HitWithIt
via reddit http://ift.tt/2ilrlgb
IRT St. Louis event this weekend; preview
St. Louis IRT Draws now up for the tourney this weekend: http://ift.tt/2iWZsdV
Here's some quick thoughts on the draw and some prognostication, drawing on some head to head stats. Note I've also posted this into the proracquetballstats.com Facebook page which i've stood up to help drive awareness of the database site: http://ift.tt/2zLRs7u
- A relatively small draw this time around; just 22 players in the pro draw versus draw sizes of 37, 73 and 33 for the season's first three events.
- We're Missing a number of top players: no Rojas brothers again, no Mercado, and we're missing all the top WRT guys (Montoya, Parrilla, Landa). The tour's elite breathes a sign of relief at their absence; Landa in particular has made the Semis of four of the last five tourneys he's entered at the expense of several higher ranked IRT pros.
- Thanks to all these absences, Horn (ranked 13th on tour), slips into the top 8 for this tourney … and then thanks to the 5-8 seed shuffle gets a 5th seed in this draw.
- Long time top 8 Pro Tony Carson returns to the tour for the first time since Jan 2016 … and for his trouble has to face Bredenbeck, fresh off a defeat of De La Rosa in the most recent tourney.
- Kane is obviously favored to win his fourth event in as many tries this season. He may have had his epic games won streak broken at the US Open, but he's currently working on a 50-match winning streak that doesn't look like its going to be broken any time soon.
- Kane has also won 12 straight tournaments in a row, tied for the best such record I track.
Matches to look for; if seeds hold, here's some matches to watch out for:
- In the 16s: Horn-Bredenbeck: these two have met 13 times on the WRT and are about even … but Horn has gotten him 4 of the last 5 times they've played. A fun match awaits between these two contrasting styles.
- In the Qtrs: Horn-De La Rosa; If Horn can get past Jake, he faces a guy against whom he's never won (0-4 on IRT, 0-1 on IRF). If Jake wins … then its a rematch of the last tournament's big upset.
- In the Qtrs: Franco-Carson; Franco extended Rocky to 5 games in Atlanta and they're set to face off again. Maybe Franco fares a bit better not having had come off of a brutal 5-game win in the 16s.
Quick Semis predictions: I'm going chalk this tourney: Kane, DLR, Beltran and Carson, with Kane over Rocky again in the finals.
Lastly, this tournament is really neat because of the High School League aspect; if you're not aware of the amazing programming going on in the St. Louis area, its a model of grass roots development that our sport desperately needs nationwide. If nothing else, check out the HS draws when they come out; there's apparently more than 400 players entered (!!).
Submitted November 15, 2017 at 01:40PM by toddboss
via reddit http://ift.tt/2iYwXfW
Recommendations For Prescription Goggles
The title pretty much says it all. I've got the Pro Kennex ones now with the tinted lenses you can swap out (which I like a lot), but the insert that holds the lenses is kind of cheap (which I don't like a lot). What are you nearsighted racquetball moles using for eyewear?
Submitted November 15, 2017 at 09:44AM by CareBearDontCare
via reddit http://ift.tt/2iX0XbQ